More Details: How the Dates work
- Each ‘activity date' has been cleverly adapted into an accessible and fun form from diverse fields like:
* Impro & Psychodrama (the simple fun warm-up exercises)
* Tantra (the playful or resonant connection side)
- Every date is a different fun/interesting interaction. Each one also closes with a little time to verbally share your experience (not your analysis!) with each other. This not only gives people something to talk about, but discussing experiences also helps link up the regular mind with the somatic (embodied) mind. When we don't rely on our voices we learn to communicate in a deeper fashion.
- Each date is a shared activity where you get to know someone in a more experiential way.
Not by trying to do the activity perfectly, but by just being yourself.
Authenticity is generally much more attractive than perfection.
- At no time during the event is there an official opportunity to chatter or share general life details, just opportunities to get to know people in a different, richer way before deciding if you would like to go on a regular date with any of them out in the world. (There's no restriction on a quick chat during breaks etc - it's not a rigid rule throughout - just not part of the actual event. Plus we always aim to factor in at least 15 - and ideally 20) minutes of extra time after the end of the event for Chat & Chai time.)
- After the group warm-ups we facilitate the 'dates' in rotation around the room one after the other, so that each participant shares a facilitated practice with every participant of the other gender.
- Standard date sheets are provided for you to tick if you feel interest to connect with someone socially out in the world, and we mail match details out to participants confidentially within a day or two.
- These events are primarily for heterosexual singles, not because we believe that to be the only way to relate, it's just the focus of what we offer here. [Bisexual people have attended, and there is an option to tick the name of any other attendee.]
- All ticks are confidential as with every speed-dating workshop. Nobody will know you ticked them if they did not also tick you!