Sun 13th Aug, 2017 (Mid 20s -Late 30s) E. Brunswick, 1.00pm-4.15/30pm ($39/47)
[CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE 'Mid 20s - Late 30s' BOOKING PAGE.]
Fri 15th Sept, 2017 (Mid 30s - Late 40s) E. Brunswick, 6.30pm-9.45/10pm ($39/47)
[CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE 'Early 30s - Mid 40s' BOOKING PAGE.]
This isn't regular speed dating, so what is it?
- A pioneering, fascinating and enjoyable way to meet new people.
- Each 'date' is a simple, fun and/or interesting interaction in a M/F pair, that closes with a couple of minutes to share with each other how you experienced it.
- No chatter about general life details, no casual opportunities to just talk about yourself until the end of the evening.
- Getting to know people in a deeper intuitive way before deciding if you'd like to go on an actual social date together.
- Each event includes group warm-ups, and ends with wind-down 'chai & chat' social space.
- Numbers at each event are 12-16M and 12-16F (24-32 overall).
- This is a 'conscious/authentic relating' workshop as well as a dating event. All 'dates' are also exercises that explore how to be more present and engaged with others.
How does it work?
We won’t give you science and philosophy, but it’s been known for a long time that we communicate way more via our unconscious physiological/somatic cues (often generalized as 'energy', 'vibe', 'intuition') than we ever do through just words. And that these cues massively affect how well we get on with others (and massively affect possibilities and style of attraction and connection)
So ‘Conscious Speed Dating’ has been intentionally designed also as a workshop where you can learn how to communicate with others more richly. Which means that even if you didn't make any matches it's still a great night out and can increase your dating potential.
The 'dates' (and group warm-ups) are lovingly harvested from a range of suitable sources (including simple edges of Impro, fun Conscious Relating, non-physically-intimate Tantra, and even very basic Psychodrama warm-ups.)
Each 'date' activity is also selected spesifically because it's easyand doesn't involve 'performance' (so people don't need to worry about 'what to do' and 'how to do it'). Providing opportunities to interact in interesting, fun ways that aren't centred around casual conversation.
"I was totally able to just let go and be in an expressive place with people, without worrying about 'getting it right'. I've been to several other speed-dating events, regular and alternative, and without doubt yours was the most fun by far!" (JT: Counseling Student)
"I enjoyed the opportunity to be present with my 'dates'... The simple connections were fun, relaxing and enjoyable... keeping the whole experience light and pleasant. I particularly enjoyed the opportunity to tune-in with my senses more than I would normally. It was a great privilege to be able to interact with others without the spoken word dominating the space." (GW: IT Consultant.)
"Very experiential, playful, and accepting of where everyone is in that particular moment. I came away feeling more comfortable dwelling within my own body, and more confident in relating authentically. I'm looking forward to more." (CM: Contracts Analyst)